Wednesday, May 29, 2013

FRONT ROW SEAT


 

      



It was great to get out of the office to do some signature-gathering along the Central Avenue Bridle Path in Phoenix for the Recall Arpaio campaign .  Today’s the last day. It’s amazing the reactions that one gets from people.  The wife of a political activist stopped and took this picture.  She said that she was sending it to her husband to show him that he doesn’t do enough.






·      A 20-something young lady driving her brother’s Mercedes-Benz got out of the car to sign. 
·      A 40-something construction-worker from the adjacent job-site walked over to sign.
·      Parents of high-school classmates of my #3 son, out for their morning jogs, signed.
·      A nanny pushing a stroller signed, thanked me for being there, and gave me a bottle of cold water
·      Our accountant, driving to work, pulled around the corner and came up to the table to sign.
·      High-schoolers out for a run stopped and told me how they wished that they were old enough to be registered voters so that they could sign.
·      When I thought that I was all done, a man drove up, signed, and asked me how long I’d be there so that he could go home to get his wife so that she could sign.  I said that I was ready to leave, but I offered to follow him home.  I did.  She did.

The bottom line: Nothing beats feet on the street.  In three hours I brought in 45 of the required 400,000 needed to make it happen. Doing the same thing that I was doing 56 years ago.

-->

No comments: