Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Party Left ME

Yet one more voter called the office to ask how to change party affiliation from R to D.
After telling him where to go and how to do it, my stock question is, "Why are you leaving your party?
And the usual answer is: My party left ME.

Today it was a Sun City resident --88 years old, and married to a Republic, he said.  Jokingly, I commented on his being a mixed marriage."

"More than that," he quipped.  "She's African-American."

He said that he was angry with "Congress always shooting down our Commander In Chief."  "He's our President and they should work with him for the benefit of us all."

It seems that every-other-day I talk to a voter such as this one.  The best has got to have been one of my neighbors.  But the reason was the same: My party left ME.

Do you know people to whom this has happened?  Lemme hear about it.

No comments: