Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MID-WEEK UPDATE

Team Awesome, other neighborhood volunteers and organizers at 2914 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, MCDP HQ.

My activities are so rewarding --but not unique.  All of us, those shown above and the hundreds of others in the campaign, can report experiences similar to these.

EXAMPLE: In my report on Monday I mentioned a couple from Pennsylvania who had letters indicating "active" and "valid" but no Voter ID cards.  (I didn't mention that they are octogenarians.)
Thanks to the valiant efforts of our database manager, Sam, the county's list of registered voters was loaded into ours, and, voila: They're on it now.  I called them before they had a chance to go to the Gilbert Town Clerk's office and left a message with the good news.  Here's his email comment:
"Hi John, just got in the door ,got your message. You sounded so excited and happy I thought you were going to tell me that you won the lottery. Well, happy to hear that you checked us out and all looks good for NO BULL ON VOTING DAY."

EXAMPLE: This email from a caller who's obviously a UofA fan: "Yes John, you have been very helpful. I have mailed 4 straight Democratic vote ballots for my wife, daughter, mother and me. I also made 100 copies of the early voting time/day list you sent and gave them to 10 Hispanic friends who in turn made copies and distributed through their social relations and family. I have no idea how many are out there now but I suspect it is in the hundreds or more. All were surprised to learn the facts re: early voting. Soon I will be driving people to the polling places and standing in line for those who have trouble doing so.
"And you motivated me to motivate others and to contribute more $$$ to several more Senate and House candidates, and ... to Barack Obama. Also additional $$$ to the DCCC and DSCC. I cannot wait to tell my friends in Seattle that we are now politically blue here in AZ and that the GOP (grumpy, offensive, pathetic) are emotionally blue.
"When this is over, we should get together to swap stories.
"Bear down my friend, the finish line is nearing."
I ask you: Does it get any better than that?!



No comments: